View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Welcome!
So sorry about all you've been thru, mercy. You've certainly come to the right place to get good feedback and support.
As you read through these posts, you'll get a pretty good view of testimonies, both good and not-so-good.

A lot depends on which type of pain condition is being treated. I'm on year 3 of my Medtronic SCS. Mine does a fantastic job of covering over the burning neuropathy/RSD pain in both legs. The soothing stimulation (think 'kitty purring' ) sure is nice compared to the constant burning pain.
Did you get any relief at all from the SNB injections? I had short-lived pain relief which was a good sign that my sympathetic nerve chain would respond to what the SCS has to offer, if of course the leads were placed exactly where they needed to be. This worked out great for the nerves that run down the legs. I do get some relief in my lower back as well.

If you've got the green light from your insurance, then certainly go for the trial!
This will give you a good idea if this is for you. Sometimes the permanent may not have quite the same outcome as the trial did. In a lot of cases, a few repeat visits are required to tweak the settings. This is normal. The recovery time depends on how well you follow the post op rules. It's crucial that you don't bend, reach, twist or lift things until your leads have had a chance to scar into place. A revision is necessary if a lead migrates due to not following these rules to a 'T'....... (guilty as charged ).

Ask as many Q's you want. This is a big deal, so it's important that you feel well-informed. Also very important that you feel confident about your Dr.

It's great to have you!

Rae
I did get some relief from the SNB injections all though it was short lived maybe lasted a week or a week and half at the most. As for the green light from my insurance I'm looking forward to the trial and first meeting this new doc. My wife on the other hand is scared that something is going to go wrong (because of the restrictions) but I told her I want this to work for US so I will do anything to get rid of some of this pain. She also is have problems at L4 & L5 right now .
MessyMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-25-2013), waves (08-28-2013)