View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Possible Aspartame Poisoning? Please Help!

Since August 2012, I’ve had a vision problem – “squiggly lines” like a plasma ball in the middle of my vision in my right eye, and blurred vision around it. It started off with floaters in my eye for about a week, and then one day I woke up with a large dark spot in my vision. It faded after a few days, but it has stuck stubbornly in my vision.

I saw my optician immediately, who checked my retinas & general health of my eye and couldn’t find any problems. I saw several opthalmagists who couldn't find anything wrong either. They also did a test called an angiogram, where they inject dye into your veins and check the health of your eyes.
I then saw a neurologist who arranged an MRI scan, but they found nothing. I saw an eye neurologist, again, nothing.

I do wonder if it could be relating to Aspartame poisoning. In the month before this problem occurred, I went through a phase of drinking alot of Diet Coke (which has Aspartame in it), which I never drank before. I guess I became addicted. Then suddenly stopped. Since January, I have cut out all sweeteners and any products containing Aspartame out.

I started having acupuncture treatments in March 2013; the acupuncturist seems to think it could be related to a large amount of blood loss following the birth of my son, who was born in January 2012. I’ve had one treatment a month since then and have not seen any improvement yet.

I’ve started taking vitamins – Lutein, Iron, and Ginkgo Biloba.

I’m just at a loss and really wish this could go away. Optic migraine, floaters and all other conditions have been ruled out; I appear to be “outside the box” where traditional medicine is concerned 
BellaBows is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote