View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Same

I also found out the hard way about Lyrica withdrawal. I was put on it by one of the pain pill pushers(M.D). No one ever said ANYTHING about withdrawal. I had a laminectomy on 2011 and just quit cold turkey not knowing any better. 5 days later I had one of the darkest days of my life. I couldn't figure it out. Until I went online. There it was from others like myself. But I went back on it because it worked. Now I have been weaning myself off it for about 3 months. I was on 300 mg/day. 75 mg 4x's a day. So I started with dropping one pill a day for two weeks at a time. It was not really a problem until the last pill. At that time I started to take one pill every other day for 3 weeks. Then I stopped a week ago. I began to realize yesterday that I was beginning to have withdrawal again. The coughing, flu like feeling. The shortness of breath. I could not go to sleep for 3 hours after I laid down last night.I guess I will have to go back to the regimen of every other day or maybe every third day (or night). In the interim as I was going through all this, I had surgery on my right foot. I had to take pain pills which probably masked the withdrawal. I also, on some nights, would take some Xanax. It was an old script my wife had that had expired but it did help me sleep. I may ask my Dr. for some lower doses to help. But I think that many, not all, Dr.'s just push the drug company pills.

I am determined to beat this. The forums help and like in the 12 step programs, being aware of what is happening is the first step.
Cobrablues is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (04-03-2014), triviafriend (08-22-2013)