View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We survived our first weekend away from our son. We left late Friday afternoon and returned Saturday night.

He was fine with us leaving. That evening we were in Kansas City and noticed on the news that Bruce Jenner was at Kansas Speedway. So I jokingly sent him a text message saying Bruce was at the speedway and we were hanging out with Kim K. Then he started asking a bunch of questions about her. I finally realized he thought I was serious. SO I told him that I was just joking. He got really mad and shot me about 6 texts complaining that I had "lied" to him and how unfit I was as a father since I had "lied" to him.

I changed the subject and a few minutes later he was calm and texting about other things. I asked him if he had invited any friends over and he replied that he would never do that while we are gone out of "respect" for us and our home. (hmmmmm?)

The next day we were celebrating our anniversary with family and friends. And we were getting further and further behind schedule. He started texting and asking why we weren't home and when he should expect us. As we got more and more behind schedule he got more and more irritated and starting going off about us lieing to him about our schedule and where we were and what we were doing. That went on for about 30 minutes. Again, we gave him updates on our travels and when he could expect us and he switched again to being very calm and thanked us for letting him know where we were.

On Sunday we witnessed a bad accident on the highway and he was the first to say, pull over and pray for the people in the wreck.

In one sense he has been very controlling, wanting to know where we are and what we are doing. (Especially me and not my wife). Other times he is calm and respectful which is more in line with the way he was raised.
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (08-30-2013), Dmom3005 (08-19-2013)