View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nanc,

haha.. I totally understand "saying things you cannot post here" my friends jokingly call it my CRPS tourettes. And the jumping.. it absolutely does that to me as well.

It is very frustrating sure wish there were easy answers. One thing I did realize after my initial reply was that keeping my body warm does lessen the frequency a little as well as doing my best to reduce other things that cause my senses to be heightened. Noisy environments, a slight chill, harsh lighting, and emotions generally seem to make these random shocks more frequent and in a bigger area. For me the SCS is paramount in my ability to cope with these electrical shocks, because just reducing (even a little) the other pains makes coping with these more bearable.

If you don't already do this keeping a journal may help you determine triggers as well as help you create your own coping protocol when these occur. For me, I have found that constant switching things up before my body has a chance to become numb to the positive effects is the most helpful. CRPS seems to fail when treatment is consistent at least for me.. so my days are filled with trying to "trick my brain" and staying away from patterns.

Like you, I also get them randomly in other places. However they are less frequent there and relentless in my right leg (from groin to thigh) where the nerves were damaged. Do you have CRPS II?

My NS said that the Gabapentin is supposed to help but, I have not personally noticed it to benefit for that specific type of pain. We are changing dosage patterns to see if that helps.. I'll let you know. Are you on it?

Hang in there Nanc and if you ever need to vent.. I am here for you!
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-23-2013), Rrae (08-25-2013)