Thread: Spinal Stenosis
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Spinal Stenosis

Hi everyone, before my cervical C5\6 disc fusion surgery the MRI showed spinal stenosis mid-sagittal diameter of the spinal canal was narrowed to approximately 5mm. My question is,after this surgery is that narrowing fixed? Today I woke up with the worst flare up since with my left thumb,and pinky being numb.My left leg and arm feel very weak where I am struggling and dropping things.My neck is always sore but today in between my shoulder blades again. I do have at C5/6 degenerative facet osteoarthritis and lateral disc Osteophytes which result in moderate right and left neural foraminal stenosis according to a recent MRI. I also have a small herniation at C 6\7. I take heavy pain medication daily in order to still work,perks and fentanyl. I know I have damage to my neck,but now I don't know which of the issues cause me much pain..lol.
I much welcome some kind of insight to someone else similar experiences. I do put a soft collar on when I flare up and when traveling and much rest to avoid flare up,lots of ice and some heat. My doctors don't suggest PT.
Sincerely,Kim

Last edited by Checker; 08-19-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: word correction..left left,to left leg
Checker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote