View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Lois and bluestone for your replies. To clarify a little I should let you know that I was feeling some better last summer but had started taking a downward turn in the fal. In Dec. recieved news that I had breast cancer. In January I had a lumpectomy and MammoSite radiation therapy(5 day, twice a day internal radiation). It is after the surgery and radiation that has sent me into this "episode". I am sure some of the fatigue may be from that, but most of the people that had surgery and treatment around the time I did are well on their way to returning to normal activity and I am far from that.

I should also say that I have been having a droopy eyelid and have had problems with my vision since 2000. I had an Aide's pupil that caused one of my pupils to stay dialated. Neuro-opthamologist said it was not dangerous and would resolve itself in one year. Well, 7 years later, the pupil has returned to normal size in light, but it is slow to react in dim light, and doesn't fully dialate. Opthamolgist that I see now doesn't worry about it because it will dialate with drops. But when I am in dim light, my vision gets really blurry and strained. I have glasses, but some days I can see clear and on others I can't see anything without them and some days can't see with them.

My medical oncologist was the first to mention mg to me. He asked if I had trouble swallowing and I said that I used to but had an endoscopy in 2005. Gastronentrologist stretched my esophogus and I don't have much trouble now, but sometimes I tire out while eating. My husband will look at me and say are you all right? And I say, I'm just resting. Anyway, I really would like to finally have some sort of diagnosis for all my problems, but from reading, mg and it's treatments sounds scary.

Thanks again for your prompt info.

Jackie
jackieinbama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote