View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

lol.. Nanc we have much in common!

I am also allergic to the gelatin/pork used for so many gel type capsules - just another added challenge to this whole thing!! How about specially formulated compounding cream? I use it 4xper day and even though it is grueling to rub it in - it does offer enough relief to warrant its continued use. I actually just got a new bottle with a higher amount of the ingredients so I am hoping it helps just a bit more. Looking at the label it along with Ketamin, Baclofen (sp?) etc., it also contains Gabapentin maybe that would be something worth trying if you haven't already.

Yes, those lightning bolts do get much worse at night and from what my doctors have stated that is indicative of nerve injury since it is a hallmark sign of neurogenic pain. Epsom salt soaks in the evening & a glass of wine (if you partake) may also help for the night time pain.

Have you tried following Dr. Hooshmands "four F's" diet? I've been following it for 3 months now and it does seem to be of some benefit. Maybe not so much pain wise but, I do feel more nutritionally balanced and haven't had any issues with stomach problems since following it. The only thing I cheat on is Coffee.. just can't let that go just yet. With the little sleep we all get from CRPS pain, Coffee is the only thing keeping me awake much of the time.

Another thing worth checking is your B12 levels. I have been using the liquid B12 now for a few days while waiting for my appt. to get this checked. It certainly can't harm you and there is no worry about overdosing and as a bonus it often gives a little boost of energy/mood.

I'll listen anytime... we all need each other!!

Hoping and praying the coming days will be better.
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-23-2013), Rrae (08-25-2013)