View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Coital Cephalgia (Sex Headache) Help!

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone else who may have experienced this could provide me with some info. I'm a 38 yr old male and have gotten the occasional "sex headache" once or twice a year for about 10 years now. Basically, while your doing your "business" your head starts to throb and gets to the point where you GOT to stop otherwise it feels like it's going to pop.
Very intense pain. Usually happens the day after having a few alcoholic drinks for some reason. Have always taken a few Advil and gone to bed and felt fine the next day. Well, I had a really bad sex headache about a month ago and though the intense pain went away within a few hours I have had a constant pain in the left side of my head ever since. Not so much a headache, but just a dull pain (like a tiny nail in my brain).
Sometimes it travels to my right temple and causes a slight pressure feeling in my ear/s. Can also feel like little electrical shocks on all parts of my head from time to time. Advil seems to help, but don't want to be taking it forever! Trying to limit to only once a day to prevent "rebound headaches" just in case that’s the cause.

I've been to the doctor and have already taken a CT scan, which came back clean, but took an MRA today and have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Assuming all the scans come back clean (hopefully) and there is no damage to any blood vessels etc, is there another possible reason for the lasting pain? Could it be muscular and will just subside over time? Anyone ever experience this? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
darrena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-26-2013)