View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Terrified

Bryanna and others that may be able to help,

I'm new here and couldn't find a place to post this except as a reply.. I'm sorry.

I have two teeth that need to be extracted (1 lower left molar and 1 upper right premolar, I think). Both are decayed and broken to the gum line. I saw my dentist and he gave me 15 days of amoxicillin for the infection, twice a day 500mg each. The last dosage will be on august 26. He referred me to an oral surgeon to have the procedure done.

However, I am 26 years old and no longer in my parents insurance, so I opted for dental hmo plan which meant that I have to see a different dentist and have them refer me to a different oral surgeon. The insurance officially takes in effect on September 1.

I am completely scared because its a new set of professionals that are working with me. Plus I've read horror stories online about the oral surgeon accidentally losing grip of the extracted tooth and it falling into the open airways leading to death. Also, I'm terrified of the iv sedation even though I know for a fact that I can't do just local because I'm apprehensive about pain. Also, I'm quite small at 5'0/ 100lbs and everything medical frightens me

I know you've helped eased people's fears of the dentists here, I was hoping you may be able to do the same for me. Thank you soo much in advance. I'm literally crying every night because of this fear and stress.
Fearfulkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote