View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
Hi all! I am sorry for the late response in my update on my recovery. I was trying to take it easy for the first month since typing increased a lot of my symptoms pre op.

Anyhow, so far as I am typing, very little pain (good sign). The operation went well, I mentioned in my previous update what Dr. D did, removed my c-rib, first rib, cut back my scalene muscles more, had to go through tons of scar tissue and found I had metal clips in there which I was unaware from Dr. Annest's surgery.

As for symptoms, I am VERY glad to say I am already doing so much better! Dr. D was so impressed at my progress. He said I am doing as well as someone in my situation would be doing at 3 months post op I am no longer in constant pain but I do some great days and some real bad days, but it is still early so this is expected. Most of my pain is still surgical, and I do still feel pain in my fingers and arm depending on use but my back of the neck pain...GONE completely! Feels great. The biggest issue I am having is my shoulder pain, scapula pain as well as the burning pain to the permanently damaged nerves. In addition, I have developed a seroma. This developed a few days after surgery, right when I got back to Toronto. It grows and shrinks depending on my activity level. Dr. D and 2 other drs have told me this will go away over time and it is nothing to worry about, it is just lymphatic fluid right under my incision. It does cause me pain in its surrounding areas though but I can deal with it. I also still have pain in my chest area, hopefully this will all reduce over time.

Dr. D has been calling to check up on me every week, he is so kind. I see him for my 1 month follow up since my post op follow up on the 27th. Will update again after I see him.

So glad to back on here, lots of catching up to do! Thanks for everyone's support, I really appreciate it!
Parbie

Glad to hear you are doing better.....have a couple of questions
Is the nerve pain still occuring in your legs? & you mentioned that there were metal clips...what was the reason for them and were they causing, along with the scar tissue alot of your pain, etc.?

chloecasy
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote