View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Holosnyc Meditation

Hi,

I have a question concerning meditation, and specifically a meditation program known as holosync.

Basically, is there any way that deep meditation can be harmful or overwhelming to the concussed brain?

I had recently begun using the holosync program (my mom recommended it to me and had already purchased the CD.) Holosync uses a variety of relaxing sounds, similar to wind chimes and rain which as supposed scientifically designed to put you in to a deep state of meditation, usually only achievable after years of dedication to the practice through the use of a variety of alpha and theta waves.

Upon trying it I've noticed that it has a very strong effect on me, and while I only have very limited experience with meditation, the tape definitely took me in to a deeper state of meditation than I thought possible, leaving me very relaxed but also seemingly increasing my sense of feeling very surreal and slowed down for a while after using it which has been my main symptom for the past 3 months, without much improvement.

I would imagine that any person introduced to this deep state of meditation might feel a little different afterword, and I can certainly see how this could actually be very helpful in healing, or at least make the healing process more manageable.

None the less, It certainly seems to have a profound impact on my brain which is obviously something to be careful of with a concussion.

If anyone has used this or a similar program, or has knowledge of meditation's effect on the brain, and that relationship to concussion, please let me know whether this is a good idea.

Thanks,

jamie
JDMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote