View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hang tough dear! It frosts my pumpkin (trying not to swear) when we, the patients, are summarily dismissed as "functional/psychiatric" simply because someone perhaps mentioned it in old notes as a rule out; or due to bias, or (often) because there is no quick, easy lab test that says X disorder. For some reason this label is more commonly given to women.

We go to doctors for thier help - we know something is wrong but perhaps we don't know what/or how to treat it. We look to the medical community to listen & to care. What we sometimes get is labeled or flat out called hysterical, liars or mental health patients. Can anybody tell me when compassion and the Hippocratic oath were removed from medicine... or was it replaced by ego and superiorority? I wish there was a lab test for mental health disorders (which would help those battling it) but alas, it is merely one person's opinion.

Mark him off your list. Write a complaint or a letter to the state medical review board if you feel it may help. Or just use your anger & frustration {which sound justly deserved} to propel you to somebody who will listen to you and help you. They are out there, they just can be harder to find.

Hang in there, sadly some of us have had similar appts, but know it does get better!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (08-21-2013), Debbie D (08-21-2013), Erika (08-20-2013), ginnie (08-20-2013), SallyC (08-20-2013)