View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Heart Dear scoooterchickie

I came to NT for the same reason. Believe me I was freaking out too. I cried, wailed, and ultimately found support here. I had the EXACT same surgery. I am fused C3-7. I had reversed the curve of my spine. My surgery turned out OK. I want you to know that right away. There are positive outcomes from this kind of surgery. If you have had the two opinions, and this was decided on, GO for it. Pain is going to be a bit of an issue after this surgery. It is a big surgery. Do not leave the hospital on the second day, even if they want you to. I stayed an extra day as my pain wasn't in contol.
Do you have help at home? You are going to want soft foods, ready made. Wet adult wash cloths will help you to feel clean until you feel like showering. The first two weeks are kinda rough. After that you will begin to get better every single day. Hang in there. The pain you are going through right now, will have an end, and so will the surgical pain. If there is anything you need to know, please feel free to ask me. Ask your doctor ahead of time, what meds. he is sending you home with. I had muscle spasms from He__. I was given Soma, which was wonderful in combination with the narcotic. It helped my pain more than the narcotic.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers, I really do have a list. You are going to get over this and get better. Range of motion will be fine, and just a little limited with looking up and down. Have to be careful with that.
Be good to yourself while you heal. I will be thinking of you. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blossom25 (08-27-2013), eva5667faliure (08-23-2013)