Thread: Persistent BPPV
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default BPPV or MAV

Hi everybody! I'm 24 years old, I have Cerebral Palsy and use crutches to walk, I also have GAD and I'm emetophobic. About 6 or so weeks ago, I started getting pounding headaches and dizzy spells, I thought they were related to a change in my birth control, so I switched to my previous method. The dizzy spells got worse and the headache progressed to a migraine (which run in my family, I've been getting them since age 8) and vomiting. Being emetophobic and having GAD I was having panic attacks on top of feeling terribly ill. I went to the ER where they diagnosed me with BPPV, gave me a month's supply of Imitrex, plus about 20 zofran and sent me on my way. Still feeling ill, I went to an ENT last Thursday who performed the Epley on me, with seemingly no success. I'm in the process of getting a new primary care doctor, and hope to get that set up within the next two weeks and then returning to the ENT if need be. The ENT thinks I may either have BPPV or Migraine Associated Vertigo. I'm taking magnesium and dramamine and I'm going to eat only migraine safe foods for the next 3 weeks, but I'm exhausted. I lost out on an internship I was working on because of this and I'm behind on my grad school work, I can't even do things like clean or shower every day, I just have to wait and see how I feel every day and go from there. Any advice/suggestions?
PostPunk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote