View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Ginnie. Already discuss with my dentist about the option of extraction for my front teeth. He still insist on apicoectomy. He said he does not agree with extraction and told me that it is better to save my teeth. In the mean time, he gave me antibiotic. The pain is almost gine by now.
I am scheduled for Apiciectomy next week. Should I wait a few months and look for second opinion? [/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi Cathy, I am not the expert here, but I do have some information to pass along to you. Bryanna is the best, and she will be here to talk to you too.

What happened to you with the RC'd tooth is very common. After years of it being OK, it is infected. The reason this happens in at the time the RC was done, not all of the infection was removed. In fact it NEVER can, no matter how many times this is re-done. The tiny channels inside the tooth retain bacteria, and what you are experiencing is the result. Do not RC teeth. It is a temporary fix to "retain" the tooth for some period of time. This is a huge profit making industry to RC teeth. It isn't fair to do to the patient. You are NOT told the truth about this, as the profit is so great.

I chose to have my infected teeth removed, End of trouble, end of the money pit game. This is the only way to cure the infection.

I feel bad telling you this, because so many times dentists do not relate all the real information on this subject. In fact some dentists get very defensive, when you bring up this subject.

The infections, do travel in all parts of the body, and it is hard on your immune system to retain these teeth. If I were in your shoes, I would politely decline to RC the other teeth as well. I have a compromised immune system as it is, and didn't want the strain on my body.

I hope that you will stay informed and learn as much as possible, so you can make an informed wise choice.

Ginnie
cathy75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote