View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cymbalta withdrawal

I tried to come off Cymbalta yesterday, but I felt lousy this morning, but didn't have any PCS symptoms thankfully. I had to take a 30mg capsule in the end.

I spoke to my doctor and he said I should just stop taking it altogether, what I am experiencing is discontinuation syndrome and there isn't a lower dose available.

However reading around the web it seems that some people taper off by opening the capsules and removing the beads inside, increasing the number removed each day. There are 270 beads in each 30mg capsule.

I am going to remove around 14 beads every day over two weeks in order that my brain can adjust slowly. I will only be taking 30 beads in 2 weeks and will stop after this.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote