View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Joy,

I am in the dental field and can offer you some help here.

Bleeding following impacted wisdom tooth removal is normal... sometimes the sites will bleed for a few days... normal. Bruising after this type of oral surgery again normal.

Does it still hurt when you sneeze or has that improved at all? Has it gotten any worse?
During the healing phase you should sneeze with your mouth open, not closed as closing the mouth puts more pressure on the sinus which would make sneezing hurt... a lot.

Did the oral surgeon inform you that there was a hole into your sinus after the tooth was extracted? Or did the hole occur afterwards?

The bloody mucus draining down your throat can occur if there is a large enough sinus communication. Again, what has the OS said about this?

Were you instructed to pack the site with a wet piece of gauze? What are you wetting it with?

Are you using any mouthwash? You should only be rinsing with warm salt water and no OTC mouthwash.

Bryanna

QUOTE=Joy T.;1008541]I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled. All 3 were impacted. However the tooth on my lower left was infected and had eroded some of my jaw bone. I had a lot of bleeding following the surgery. The day after the left side of my face looked like someone hit me with a baseball bat. I was given Loratab for pain, and Clindamycin. My sinuses on my left now have a hole. I have shooting pain into my nose & eye. When I sneeze it hurts so bad I want to cry. I went back in for a post op and was told everything looks fine. But I still have bloody mucus draining down the back of my throat. Issue 2 is my lower left x wisdom tooth, the infected one is draining this nasty tasting pinkish brown stuff. In the middle of the night I pack it with a wet gauze. Is all this normal?? The dentist tells me everything looks fine. I don't feel fine. I hate this pain shooting up into my nose and cheek. Not too fond of this nasty tasting drainage either.[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote