Thread: Ugh
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
I'm glad you're hanging tough my friend. Can't help you with a NY dr...doesn't the military have programs of vets with TBI. I have a family member with PTST from Marine time in Afghanistan and they are providing mental health care for him. Not sure how effective it is so far but they are trying. Thank you for your service and please continue to hang in there.

And yes, always a hug available from here.
Thanks. The military (the VA) does have doctors, but I have been through a ton of them. They like the easy, go get the medication and do what they are told patients, but I am a little difficult because I question everything, and I am paranoid. I'm not the easiest patient, and though I give people the benefit of doubt, the moment I lose trust, well, it isn't pretty. Problem is, I tell everyone upfront, and most are up to the challenge for a time, then well, either they give up on me, or run out of ideas.

But that is what I go for treatment for... so basically I get 'punished' but having the problem I am doing for help for. I tell them I am a rabbit, I hop like a rabbit, I eat carrots and have a little ball tail, but the moment I act like the rabbit, they are like: Stop being a rabbit. Well, I'm a rabbit, I can't. (and for those of you reading this thinking I think I am really a rabbit, it was just an example).

There has to be some doctor who can deal with people with the problems I have? I am going on 9 months now without treatment and I am getting med refills from my Primary Care doctor.

I guess that is why I was asking for a name of a real person (it can be Private messaged to me) in the NYC area. I'm a challenge, and sadly, I know it.

But I also am a really nice person who helps others, I just cannot get help for me.

More later, back to work for me...
July63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-22-2013), barbo (08-21-2013), eva5667faliure (10-05-2013), ginnie (10-10-2013), hsiw (10-09-2013), Mark56 (10-04-2013)