View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

gosh you guys!

you give me the comfort that I SHOULD be getting from the neuro!

I should be using at least a cane, but I'm a stubbornhead and don't want to use it, although, it prolly would help conserve some energy.. I just stay really close to walls or countertops and everythings gravy ... kinda.

I think you're right Debbie. I don't think it would be a good idea to start a drug that I was cornered into. We didn't discuss how that could help or anything. Just "you have to take a DMD!"

I have been feeling pretty craptastic the last few days..

The tightness in my back has been near unbearable.. (usually is my first sign of flaring)
Woke up on the 17th with my lower abdomen numb. Woke up the 18th with numbness spreading up the right side. the 19th the left side now numb too. 20th, right leg in the knee cap area numb. Now today I have the left leg to add. So in 5 days my body has become super numb. My legs feel heavy, stiff, tingly and uncomfortable. My abdomen is SUPER numb today. So very uncomfortable. and I am assuming this means another flare.. even though I just came out of one.

I have stayed inside as the humidity levels jumped through the roof. and I have been sleeping so much the last few days. But I know it's needed. So I sleep while I hope and pray my body does some healing in that time.

Makes me kind of nervous to wake up each day because it seems to be worsening and spreading instead of lightening up.

I am going to write a letter to the medical board and make copies of them.

I never got a callback from Washington University.. So I may wait another week and then callback.
Peoria might be a good call.. My best friend lives 30 minutes away so we could even stay there so it won't be too bad of a drive..

and if my symptoms continue to worsen I suppose I'll go to the hospital.. But I refuse to go with just numbness.. If it continues at this rate, I assume my walk will be severely affected. In which case I'll go to the ER. Maybe with my MRI and EEG results and have them discuss with me?

Thank you all so much for being such an amazing support group!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-21-2013), Debbie D (08-22-2013), Erika (08-21-2013), ginnie (08-21-2013), jprinz99 (08-24-2013), SallyC (08-21-2013)