View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am lucky to have a very personalized and understanding physical therapist. We stopped the hot/cold therapy and started ultrasound. I still can't tolerate the wand over the sensitive spot, so he has been focusing just above it where it appears that it might be spreading. Well, it's only been one try so far, but I didn't notice any relief yet. The different textures is something he has been doing all along, along with pressure from hands, very hard for me to tolerate still. Today I had a very, very bad shooting pain while squeezing a ball between my feet that didn't pass for half a minute. He felt the back of my calf and said it's extremely tight, and it's very tender to the touch. He massaged it and put heat, seemed to help.

I'm on Effexor for anxiety and off-label for pain, any experience with this? I am not tolerating it well and it's just making my anxiety worse with disorganized thinking so far. I am wondering if the pros outweigh the cons, my research findings have been bleak.

I am changing my sheets tonight to 400 thread count, hopefully it helps. I am also going to buy a "mushie" pillow for bed time to rest my ankle on outside of the covers.
vividDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote