View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Billie,

Oh That appt will be over before you know it. We cannot be good 100%of the time. And we shouldn't be. Life is for living and ice cream is part of living. And denying ourselves is not good. Change one thing each day and before you know it you will have changed a bunch of things and see better health. It just can become so overwhelming when we look at the big picture.

Bizi is right. Be open to suggestions and craft a plan with the doc and make it a partnership. And then just try.

And Froggie, I kow you have not felt well and I know we are excited for you adventures with Billie, but if you cannot go this time, maybe you can two weeks later or a month when you are feeling better. Just because you may not feel up to going in the near future does not mean it will never happen. The friensdship you developed is a beautiful thing and will continue to grow and you will get together.

You and your late husband just sound like an amazing couple. One of those couples that everyone looks at and sighs that little happy sigh of how amazing love is. And he is still with you and still loves you. I agree with Froggie that grief counesleing might be a good thing. Maybe a journal to write about all of your memories. It could be very cathartic.

More importantly do not deny yourself the grief and the depression. Give yourself permission to be sad for as long as you need to be. Your body will help you know when its time not to be sad. Buut repressing it will only make it worse so do not feel bad for feeling bad.

If you are lonesome on Sunday nights maybe a bunch of us could go into chat with you at a specific time and we could just all talk. I would be there if you wanted to meet.

I am sending you good wishes and

P.S. Jo...march yourself over to that cupboard and take some vitamins

Dorrie is right you are
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote