View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I used to take flexeril and got rid of it and my anti inflammatory several years ago. I do have constant tightening of my muscles, like I can never relax. I am laying in bed now, my butt is tight, my neck is strained and tight, my legs, tight. I lay in bed trying to relax and when I focus on a body part, I realize it's very tense and constricted. Fr me taking more medication weighs heavily on me, so taking the muscle relaxer is not what I want to do.

I find that because f the narcotics, I easily have trouble getting enough water to drink. If I don't get enough fluid, then I have tighter muscles and Charlie Horse like cramps that wake me and have me leaping out of bed to release the tension. So make sure you are getting enough fluids, that could be exasperating the problem. Sometimes the solution is so simple we overlook it. Have so many peripheral issues that the RSD brings into our lives, so meant details, between taking so many meds at different intervals through the day, paying attention o what helps and what does not help managing the pain. It's easy to over analyze what is going on. The Pain Spec. I had when I lived in Az used to caution me, to to try figure it all out, focus on more whole body needs. When I do that, I have an easier time remembering to stay hydrated, to slow down and not force myself to perform to someone else's expectations. Best of luck. sylvia
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote