View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Joy,

Let me clarify some things..

Sneeze with your mouth open. That may lessen the pain as it reduces the pressure.

Bleeding is only normal for the first few days post op. Not normal 19 days post op.

The pinkish drainage may or may not be a sign of infection. If this drainage has not decreased daily and/or it continue beyond another week... either see the OS or see a different OS for evaluation.

Over the counter mouthwash is marketed as a means of killing bad bacteria. However it kills ALL bacteria, good and bad as it cannot distinguish between the two. It is never beneficial to kill the good bacteria. Mouthwash also contains alcohol, chemicals, preservatives and dyes.... all of which are very irritating to the oral tissue and serve no beneficial purpose. The alcohol causes a reduction in salivary flow which predisposes the user to tooth decay.

If you are not significantly improved within another week, see the OS or see a different OS for a clinical evaluation.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy T. View Post
Hi Bryanna,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I was told there was a hole in my sinus. The surgeon said he sutured part of my gum to close it. At my week post op I was told everything appeared to be healing. Though I was still having a fair amount of pain shooting up towards my nose. Indeed sneezing is still very painful. I do understand that there will be bleeding. However, its now 19 days past the date of the extractions. The pinkish smelly drainage bothers me at night. I wet a gauze with water and put that on the hole. This is coming from the infected "wisdom" tooth area. I was told mouthwash was fine to use now. But I think I'll go with your advice and DC that and go back to using the salt water. Just becoming frustrated.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote