Thread: Hand Tremors
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes. Mine started July 2nd. I tried propranolol, which works for many people, but it just made me way too tired and sick to my stomach (which is rare, I'm sensitive). I asked the same thing, and I think somebody said they tried it and it worked for a while, but then stopped. I think my blood pressure is too normal for it to work well on me. It works better if your BP is a little higher than normal (I believe). It ended up making my BP go down too much.

Mine is only in my right hand, currently. I believe it's postural or intention tremor as it happens when I'm holding something, aiming towards something or holding my hand out. It's worse when I'm stressed or tired physically.

Around a month after it started, it began to taper down. It still happens, but not so much. It hurts my arm when it's happening a lot as my muscles are moving all the way up my arm. I end up folding my arms in front of my chest when this happens, just to support it. I don't have issues typing because once I get my fingers down on the keyboard they're fine. It may be the way I type or my keyboard rest.

When I saw the MS doc last week, the one who said I didn't have MS based on my MRI, I kept asking her about the tremor, fatigue, etc. She totally avoided it and just kept saying she was there to rule out MS. I believe that I had the start of a flare when this came up.

There are different types of tremors. Read up on them and it'll be fairly easy for you to figure out which kind you have. Each type corresponds with different areas of the brain or body.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (08-22-2013), Kitty (08-22-2013), SallyC (08-22-2013)