Thread: driving?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default driving?

New here.

The short version of my story is on Christmas Eve 2012 I fell down a flight of stairs and landed on my head. Diagnosed with a concussion, which the neurologist later said was worse than they thought. I landed on the back of my head/my upper spine.

Initially I had a LOT of symptoms. Speech difficulty, dizziness, vision problems, balance problems, memory problems, exhausted by everything, very light, sound, visual stimulation sensitive...couldn't hold a conversation with background noise...shut down with too much noise...couldn't talk with more than one person at a time...that's probably not an exhaustive list.

My job involves counseling, and I am back to work 4 days a week after last week. My stamina is much better although when I get tired I do sometimes get headaches and feel foggy. Conversations no longer exhaust me and I can express myself fine. I tried running on Tuesday and it was a disaster. I still get sound and vision sensitive at times although it is improving. I can walk at least 2.5 miles with no problems. My balance is mostly better.

The thing that makes no sense to me is although I am back to work and have recovered in a lot of ways, and I do drive up to half an hour fine, it seems like once I am driving for more than an hour or driving unfamiliar places, especially on the highway, I get extremely spacey and dizzy.

Does this make sense to anyone? That I could be recovered in a lot of ways and yet utterly decimated simply by driving for too long?
justbreathe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote