View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 01:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up ACDF C7,C6 and C6,C5

Hi every one,
I am 6 Days Post Operative recovery of an ACDF performed 16 Aug 2013. The procedure went as schedule and took about 2 hrs. I was suppose to be just an overnight stay but it was apparent by that evening I was not passing fluids as needed. I had to have a Foley Catheter inserted to my bladder to relieve the build up of 950ML. Felt almost immediate relief though I stayed in Hospital until Sunday. I did have a temperature that needed Icepacks to get under control.

I was sent home in a neck brace and oxycodone and Robaxtin It wasn't long and I figured out why I was having such pain when swallowing just to take the meds. I threw the Brace across the room today I only have mild sore throat pain. Have not had a Narcotic for two days now, sleeping much better.

Taking only Aleve. Great care in not moving my neck to far in any direction
I guess it was successful for me anyway. I have almost no neuropathic pain in my arms and shoulders. This only 6 days after surgery. My diet has returned to normalcy, slightly hoarse still. I am an exception to this sort of Recovery. I'm sure. Praise to our Lord!

I see my surgeon Monday the 26 Aug he should ok me to drive and return to work with limitations of coarse.

I will follow up with my Primary Doc also next week.

Continue with my exercises, some stationary Bicycling.
Jrmahan216 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-26-2013)