View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Billygee

I can help a bit. There are key words to look for in a MRI. The vertebra you are having trouble with is L2-4, "MODERATE to SEVERE: disk space and facet joint degerative problem. The disk is flattening out, this may be due to arthritis.
However you also have a prominent disk bulging or herniation at L1-2. This says moderate to severe, central canal stenosis. This means the cord is being pushed against and that hurts! All the others mentioned are moderate changes.

When an MRI starts to say severe, that key word, do go for another opinion OK? This is really important to do. Surgery is always a last resort after all other things have been tried. Look up each set of words, and that gives you the condition of the spine as a whole. It is best to have all the language of it down pat. That way when you go to the doctors' there won't be anything they say that you will not understand.
You do have some issues, and no doubt some pain with this. Seek a neuro surgeon for a second opinion if you can. Bring someone with you so that you don't miss anything that is said to you.
Have you had any type of injections? I had something called Ketamine infusions, which helped way more than any steriod or epidural did. The infusion lasted months at a time. I hope that you can find some resolution to this, to where you are not in pain as much. My own surgery turned out good, so there can be a happy outcome. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote