View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default In Neurontin/Gabapentin Hell

Four months ago I was diagnosed with Valley Fever. The stress of being very ill and the fear of possible chronic illness cascaded me into an agitated depressed state. I mostly over the Valley Fever (I think?) but I was prescribed Neurontin/Gabapentin for my mental state — now at 2400mg/day for almost a month. Needless to say, this has worsened my depression and made me addicted to the drug. Every time I try to withdraw by 300-400mg the very next day I am in agonizing convulsions: chest pain, panic, double vision, nausea, etc. I am feeling so **** hopeless. I want so desperately off of this drug but my doctor just says take off 400 every few days and you will not experience any withdrawal. He's kidding, right? Is there anyone who can suggest what to do? Am I doomed to 6-10 months of slow withdrawal off this drug just because I have taken it for only a month?! I have all the ReMag. Epsom salts, NeuroEndure, JNK but nothing seems to work. Is it possible to withdraw from this *****? Please help.
Adamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-28-2013), Laura Jones (08-28-2013), tamiloo (08-23-2013), waves (08-28-2013)