View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Personally, I would rather have another NCS/EMG than be shocked by my car when the weather is cold, or touching an electrical appliance after walking on carpet.

I was very worried about my first NCS and was very surprised it was NOT painful. My second one was with a different doc and was "stronger and longer" but still I would not classify it as painful. The EMG was even easier except for ONE muscle stick which was very deep in my inner thigh. The needle didn't hurt but the amount of PUSH and force used by the doc was what caused some discomfort. Yes, discomfort, still not PAINFUL.

Everyone is different. I am not afraid of needles so maybe that was a big help for me. Also, the person using the needle has a lot to do with it. I have had blood draws that I could not feel with a really good phlebotomist and a bad phlebotomist can bring tears to my eyes.

If you do need one, I would not worry about it. Sometimes the apprehension is much worse than the procedure. Knowing exactly what to expect has always been a big help to me for any procedure.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote