View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Eva,

Speaking of having scripts filled........ the new thing in my community ......... no longer do docs hand you a written script to be filled. If you want/need a script, they will ONLY send it electronically directly to your pharmacy. They also check your pharmacy record everytime they submit a script. The patient no longer can leave the doc's office and decide whether to fill a script or not. Unless you decline it before you leave the doctor's office, it will be filled. Of course, you have the option, NOT to pick it up. Docs no longer have "prescription pads" in my area.

Oh, another new thing here is even though a script is "valid" for a year, docs will only authorize refills for about 3 months. They can be refilled beyond that time frame but the pharmacy MUST contact the physician's office for authorization. It has become very strict getting ANY type of script filled. This even applies to a script for blood sugar test strips, anything by prescription. Anti-hypertensives, cholesterol meds, anything. I asked the pharmacist if this was because of the doc, a pharmacy policy, an insurance stipulation, a state regulation, or because of ObamaCare and I was told they did not know why but it was across the board with all scripts and docs. I have 4 different docs prescribing my meds for my various conditions and from various specialties so I know it is NOT doc specific. Maybe it is a new state regulation.

I would be curious to hear from others on Neuro if they have experienced anything similar in different areas of the US.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-23-2013), ginnie (08-23-2013), MessyMark (08-28-2013), Rrae (08-25-2013)