View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccm47 View Post
So I have a long drive next week - 10 hours driving. I will have my daughters with me but no one to share the driving. I started on gabapentin about 2.5 months ago, and am still getting wooly headed. I don't want to be sleepy or have slow reflexes on the drive. Can I stop the gabapentin for a day? Should I also stop the day before? I am willing to accept the pain, even aggravated by the drive, if I can stay alert and not put my daughters at risk.

Will stopping the gabapentin help me stay alert and is there a problem with stopping for a day or two?

Thanks.
I have, due to not refilling my RX on time a couple of times, missed 1 or 2 days (once, due to a mix up almost 2 weeks!), and have found that in addition to a return of pain and nerve aggravation, I also have to deal with noticeable changes in mood. and not in a good way. Once I discovered that, I try to be more regular and not miss! I am also more likely to have a bad flareup if I am not consistent in taking my gabapentin and pyrodostigmine...
Having said that, I would probably do the same as you are considering, and not take the gabapentin for the day you would be driving, substituting Tylenol and or alternating with Ibuprofen. (I can not drive however, as my right side (leg and arm) have quite bad nerve damage, so it is a moot point for me, anyway)

safe travels!
Akashenov is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ccm47 (08-23-2013)