Thread: Hand Tremors
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kelly - It is frustrating to have tremors. I have both tremors from MS and from essential tremors. Apparently, there is a difference and the neuro can tell which is which, I can't. Typing is crazy sometimes and that's how I supplement my income. It worries me that at some point I will no longer be able to do it. I've slowed down in my speed quite a bit.

When I write or do some of my artwork, I sometimes have to hold my wrist down. It helps me a lot.

The gabapentin helps quite a bit. While I am on it for the nerve pain in my ribs, it's been beneficial for my tremors. In fact, my mom and my sister (who both have tremors) and taking gabapentin for other conditions but have found that the gabapentin helps their tremors. My mom has ET pretty bad. She has trouble getting a spoon or fork up to her mouth without spilling. I haven't noticed that so much with her lately but, again, she started the gabapentin.

I don't wear make-up that much but when I do, putting on mascara is always a challenge. Lipstick, not as much of challenge. There have been times when I would go out with DD23 and not quite be ready to go and would do my make-up in the car. The little brat would tap the brakes enough that combined with my tremors would make the lipstick go all over. We would both end up laughing and I would jokingly remind her that doing that to some one with tremors was not funny.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (08-23-2013), Erika (08-23-2013), Kitty (08-23-2013), SallyC (08-23-2013)