Old 08-23-2013, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Smirk New 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Hi Jonlyn ~ I'll try to help:

First of all, there is scoliosis -- curvature of the spine, which is mild

There is a collection of cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) seen within the cord extending from T3-4 through T5-6, widest measuring 1.5-2mm consistent with a syrinx. A syrinx is a pathological cavity in the spinal cord.

Foraminal narrowing C7-T1 bilaterally. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. Yours are becoming narrow.

There is dessication of the T10-T12 discs. Dessication is drying out of the discs. When the discs dry out, they tend to flatten and bulge/herniate. There is a minimal bulge without herniation.

There is a 1.5cm bright signal in the front of the spine near T10 which appears to be a hemangioma. This is a benign tumor of blood vessels that typically occur as purplish/reddish elevated area of tissue.

What are your symptoms, Jonlyn? Are you having pain? Numbness? Tingling? It makes a difference.

Hoping to hear from you. Hugs, Lee
I have recently had a new MRI w/ and w/o contrast.. I have the picture disk but, no results yet... I had an EMG which noted pinched nerve at C6,7 and 8... 8? I asked too.. he said nerve not vert.. haha..
My symptoms have been as follows:

head aches! neck pain, stiffness, I love to pop it for relief.. Cant do that fast like I used to .. now I have to just apply steady pressure and hope I get relief...
Numbness: left: face, chest, underarm, arm to fingers, back and shoulders, left hip and leg.. all back side.. right side... shoulder, back, hip and back of leg.. but, not as bad
fatigue,,, I dozed off at church!! so embarrassing ! Not everday.. about 1/2 the time or little less..
weight gain... but, just dx with Hashimotos Disease.. which may be causing the wt gain w/ menopause - no HRT for me... caused me to have a couple of blood clots in my lungs last March,,, just about killed me... whew.. close one
Ears: sounds like the wind is blowing or I have sea shells held up to them.. no continuous...
I hope you can help with this messy message... Let me know if you need clarification.. Thank you
jonlyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote