View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement ... Guys, I really do appreciate it

Bryanna, thank you so much for taking part of this forum to help better inform people like me lol.
I was wondering though regarding the infection, I was given amoxicillin (500mg;twice a day for 15 days). My last day to take it is on August 26, however my extraction most likely wont be until the 2nd week of September. Do you think the infection can reoccur within those two weeks before extraction? Also, is it possible for that infection to linger even AFTER extraction and with prescribed antibiotics? Oh and if it helps, my dentist who prescribed the antibiotic said that the infection is not severe.

I'm sorry for asking soo many questions lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Fearfulkid,

No worries.... ask all the questions you want to

During oral surgery in the dental office the IV sedation is a mixture of meds that put the patient into a twilight sleep. You are asleep but not unconscious. There is no intubation (air way tube in the throat) necessary. You feel like you are in a deep sleep, the perception of time goes by extremely quickly and you wake up with no memory of the event. You will not be responsive to questions and you will be very calm and comfortable.... just like you were in a deep relaxed sleep. Your entire body is at rest... not paralyzed, just at rest. You will not gag because you will have no sensation of anything going on. So nothing will bother you.

Some tooth extractions take 15 minutes, some a bit longer... depends on how easy the tooth releases from the bone. The surgeon tries to do it as quickly and safely as possible.

I hope this helps.... please feel free to ask questions

Bryanna
Fearfulkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote