View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
Tayla said basically what the shrink told me. There are some people (you wouldn't necessarily know if you are one of them) who would "freak" at having an electronic device inside them at all times. How the psych would be able to tell is beyond me, but that's what they claim.
I was talking with my neighbor last night about this subject, and that is what she was saying! So many people started freaking out because of the electonic device in their bodies (and their body fights it), and so the Medtronic company started making anyone who wanted one go get a psych eval to see if they could handle it.

She also was saying that it took a while for her to handle it after it was placed, as she couldn't bear the thought that "all this stuff" was inside her body! She told everyone not ask her about her SCS/ surgery until she was ready to talk about it. In her head she told herself that she had gotten her gall bladder removed, and she tried not to think of what really had happened. She had a rough time, but she is a strong woman and got through it!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote