View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 01:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You should seriously talk to your doctor about this. Sure it's nice and interesting to find out from others what you MIGHT expect, but it's not the safe thing to do, especially if you are driving a long distance and have children in the car. I just, with my doctor's assistance tried to ramp down and get rid of my Lyrica. (Which is my replacement drug for your Neurontin/Gabbapentin. I had to ramp down my dose and the number of capsules I took, over the course of 4 weeks. This is a medication that affects your brain function. You should absolutely not stop taking it without your doctor knowing. I will tell you too that when I took a lower does I was fine until all so a sudden I was not, I was in excruciating pain that I could not control or get on top of and had to get a rush appointment to see my doctor and get my does up again. also, studies show that chronic pain patients are safer drivers when they are taking their medication. You do not want to be in a lot of pain when you are behind the wheel of a car. Call your doctor and figure it out with him or her, not with advice from a forum.
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ccm47 (08-24-2013), ginnie (08-24-2013)