View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 01:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Abrupt discontinuation of Neurontin can cause seizures.

I feel a disclaimer is in order.....Everyone should take their medications as prescribed by their doctor and consult their doctor about any changes, etc, etc Any personal stories about side effects suffered or not by any of us should not be construed to be advice to not take your meds as ordered, etc, etc

I've skipped doses and started/stopped taking Neurontin more times than I can count. I have "formally" weaned on and off, accidentally run out, and purposefully skipped doses. The purposefully skipping doses have been when I want to enjoy a cocktail (or two, or....) and to do science experiments to see how the Neurontin effects my blood sugar (a lot).

I have no problems with skipping my morning and evening doses in one day. I have problems with withdrawal with rebound pain and nasty mood only when I get to skipping the second day and beyond.

I will say that Neurontin fog was a big problem for me when I first started taking it, for maybe a year or two. Now, many years later, it actually gives me a little boost, perks me up a bit. Something for you to look forward too

I would recommend breaking that trip up. My RSD is in my neck/left arm, so driving is a real issue for me. Even before RSD, driving 4 or 5 hours would be my mental limit in one day. I can't imagine 10 hours.....ugh ! Remember frequent rest stops, elevating your RSD area, etc.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ccm47 (08-24-2013), ginnie (08-24-2013), waves (08-25-2013)