View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
For me...certain kinds of noises can flare up my pain but it's not "ear pain"...just my regular RSD areas start to burn and flare up worse. I don't know why this is...but it seems fairly common for RSD sufferers. There are certain sounds that make me worse, and some that make me feel better (not that they help the pain but they calm me down or block out the bad noises) so I have some different playlists on my ipod for those times. Sounds that are really bad for me are things like the vacuum, road work noises, rumbling type noises of any kind, static on the tv, etc.

Mine sounds more like your's, Catra. Sounds can trigger RSD pain, but I don't feel ear pain.

My RSD is in my neck/TOS area, surrounding tight muscles have caused occipital neuralgia, so it's my neck up into the back of my head that deals with pain from annoying and unexpected noises. For me, it's not so much about the actual volume of the sound. I could be watching tv or listening to music with my teens, with the volumes UP and I'm okay, it's the unexpected dog barking at a car going by that is the noise that overwhelms me and causes the flares. Even one of the kids talking to me while we are watching tv can trigger the pain. I feel like I KNOW that sounds are coming from the tv, it's the unexpected additional sound of a kid that startles me/overwhelms me.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-26-2013)