View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gosh, I do feel for you. I came off of Oxycodone the other year, and instead of filtering it to lower doses, I went Cold Turkey. It was horrific .. I had to sleep in the spare room as my legs kept jerking .. I couldn't close my eyes .. I'd probably doze for 10 minutes then wake in a sweat.

This was the Wednesday .. at midnight on Wednesday I took a half spponful of Oxynorm (the liquid equivalent of Oxycodone) as I was in such a state.

I threw all my tablets out .. (husband took them to the pharmacy to be disposed of) and on the Saturday, I lay in bed looking at the bottle of Oxynorm thinking: "Just one spoonful and I will feel better" ... that's when I knew I was in trouble. So I tipped it down the toilet.

My family were fantastic .. I was unable to eat as I felt sick ALL the time. I couldn't even watch my favourite cookery programmes. I forced myself to eat lightly buttered toast as I knew I had to keep my energy up to fight this.

My husband bought me smoothies, vitamins and when I started with the Anxiety Attacks, some herbal remedies for calming you.

At one point I even phoned my Doctor to ask if Panic Attacks could kill you as I was having wave after wave .. it was like riding a huge storm.

I did it though .. a bit drastic, but I did it.

I found that by talking to people on forums such as this, a great help, as there is always someone that has been in the same position.

Try NOT to read the forums where people use these drugs recreationally, as they abuse the drug so much that they are on extremely high doses and my mistake was reading comments on there are frightening myself half to death.

Talk again to your Doctor .. ask if you can speak to them on the phone if you need to. My Doctor was fully supportive and rang me every day to see how I was getting on.

It terrified me that she said that the only thing she could give me for withdrawal of this drug was METHADONE !

Stay strong ... get in touch with the Doctor and tell them that you need support. Remember also, WE are here if you need to talk.

xx Thinking of you.
Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clstewart81 (12-01-2013), eva5667faliure (08-28-2013), Laura Jones (08-28-2013), MessyMark (08-24-2013)