View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. Yes it was nasty, but come down to it, it could have been worse, I suppose.

TBI/PTSD the fumes were chemical, yes -- from the chemical I was using. When I said "caustic fumes", I meant that in the true chemical sense: we use 100% pure anhydrous sodium hydroxide, a.k.a. caustic soda, to clear drains. You pour hot water down with it, and it dissolves instantly, becoming a potent corrosive agent. Some vaporizes as you pour to produce a vapor that chows flesh.

Caustic soda is simple, fast, and effective. Butcha gotta have ventilation while you use it!

I turned on the vent afterwards but even so the bathroom would not air out. (Bathroom has no window). I ended up shutting my dad in his room and opening up the entire house, with fans on, to cleanse the entire place out. Thank goodness it was not a hot day, so I could do this.

It was ok in the end. I must not have got too much in my face because my eyes did not burn. I mostly coughed for a while. I seriously felt like a dumb sht for doing that. I am sensitive to many chemicals -- not just corrosive ones. Even small amounts of some things can bother me a lot. A gas mask would not be a bad idea for me.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-24-2013), Brokenfriend (08-24-2013), DiMarie (08-25-2013), Dmom3005 (08-24-2013), Mari (08-26-2013), mymorgy (08-24-2013), TBI/PTSD (08-24-2013)