View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I've noticed it as well. I'm not on any "controlled" meds or any narcotics.

Personally, I like the fact that the script is waiting at the pharmacy for me. No little pieces of paper to keep up with. No wondering if the pharmacist can even read what the doctor wrote. This way it makes for a reduced chance of errors on the pharmacy's part. Plus less "paper work" is always a good thing.
The most inconvenient thing for me is the re-authorization every few months for meds I have taken monthly for years and are valid for a year but need re-authorization every 2 or 3 months. I go to pick up my scripts and they will have all but one or two and say they are still waiting for the doctor's office to authorize. That means another trip to the pharmacy. It is very difficult for me to make the trip ONCE a month and now I am having to go more than once. I am now trying to fill my scripts one day earlier each month so that I do not run out if I have to wait for authorizations. For insurance reasons, I can not refill until at least 25 days have past since last filled.

I now have to call the pharmacy every month to be sure they have ALL been filled before I make the trip. My hearing is not good so I resent having to "call" the pharmacy. I order my refills online. What has and has not been filled is NOT online. It is either a phone call or an additional trip to the pharmacy.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote