View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jae,

A soft diet consists of foods that are soft and require little to no chewing. It is soft veggies, fruits, eggs, smoothies, yogurt, things of that consistency. A pierogy requires a lot of chewing and should be avoided.

Your description of the site feeling "weird" doesn't explain very much. So it's not possible to decipher what you mean by "weird".

Usually the surgical site is not re-sutured a week after the extraction unless it has to be cleaned out again. Hopefully you have not disturbed the clot and the site continues to heal well. Just remind the OS to take a look at the extraction sites on monday. Keep rinsing with warm salt water only... no mouthwash as the ingredients are very irritating and can prevent the site from healing completely.

Also, do a google search for soft food diet so you have things to eat for the next 2 weeks since you are having your lowers removed on monday.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae556 View Post
I had my 2 top wisdom teeth removed on Aug 12. I assumed by the 19th I could have soft foods. I made perogies in the oven and they were soft enough for me to chew without being mushy. the edges however were sharp I guess is the way you could put it. My right side was feeling fine and wasn't hurting anymore until I had the perogies. Now I'm worried I messed up the healing and will need more stitches even thought there isn't any pain today it just feels "weird". I'm not having any issues with my left side.

I'm assuming I irritated the area quite a bit when I was eating. I tried to stay away from the edges of the perogy. but since it was a week after my initial surgery I thought I'd be able to eat something other then soup.

I get the bottom ones removed Monday (the 26) will I have to get more stitches because of this or will the area just feel "weird" for a while while it heals? (I get the stitches that are there on both sides removed before they take out the bottom wisdom teeth.)
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote