View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bryanna, thank you so much for replying to my question, you are a bit of a rock star around here I think!

I had read at "curezone" that a slow drill must be used as well as a curette and that is why I was so worried. I am so paranoid that he is not going to get everything out of my mouth and that is going to lead to more problems. I know I sounded dramatic in my post about the tooth ruining my life but that is truly what the pain and expense is doing! I will deal with this tooth first and then the other 2 root canals later, eventually getting a partial denture as well. I am not going to a biological dentist as there is not one anywhere near me. I am going to write down "periodontal ligament/remove all surrounding granulation tissue/remove all necrotic bone" just so he knows I have done a little research. My appointment is Monday at noon and I am scared!

I have one more quick question. A few years ago my dentist asked me if my wisdom teeth were bothering me at all. I told him "no." He said that I should get them removed anyways because they are way in the back and that is not an easy place to brush and they would probably end up with cavities anyways. I trusted him (why would a dentist misinform at patient? ) and got them removed even though they were perfectly healthy. It was just my regular old school dentist that did this and since reading about proper extraction protocol I have become concerned. Do you think I need to be worried about the space left vacant when the 4 teeth were pulled? I highly doubt he took the time to deal with cleaning the bone properly.

Thank you again for giving so much knowledge and support to so many people, not just the people who post here but those who are lurking.
Canmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote