View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have these sores mostly on my left leg, both arms, and the left side of my neck. Though the sores do show up to a lesser degree on my right leg, my bellie, and left breast. I have a new one on my left eye lid. They take forever to heal and leave dark purple scars. Some start out looking like bug bites with an oozie center. When they bust open, I am left with a crater with yuck in the center. Others are red spots of peeling skin. They range from approximately 1-5 mm. Yes! They itch and I do scratch. I wake up scratching. I stop when I finally realize it. I've tried wearing long sleeves and long pants. The sleeves and pants only iritate me. It takes very little to bust the leisons open, and I have to start the healing process all over again. I have tried several different lotions (Epsome Salt [lotion], Aveeno, Vaseline [lotion], generic Walgreens brand, etc.), including the compounded katemine pain cream. I've tried antibiotic cream. I bathe the areas with Epsom Salts as recommended by mrsD. I have added more magnesium to my diet. Nothing seems to help. My Neuro Doc has referred me to a dermatologist, but I am leaving for Southern California in a week and a half for HBOT treatments. I do not have time right now to visit the dermatologist before I leave. I hope the HBOT might help with these sores as well; I (actually my husband) scheduled treatments as a desperate means to stop the progression of my CRPS.

I have read through this thread. my sores sound a lot like what is described here. I was wondering if others with these sores might have some suggestions for home treatment. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote