View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am going to try Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments for my CRPS. My CRPS seems to be progressing rather rapidly right now. I am having some bad side affects to my pain medications too; I have Central sleep apnea. This is where your brain stops telling your body to breathe. It is not obstructive. I wear a Servo ventilator when I sleep. That includes naps. I was just put on oxygen (with the Servo). The thought is, if I can breathe better at night and during naps, then maybe I'll feel better during my awake time too. I am hoping I can somehow reduce the pain meds (yeah right?).

I have read through the HBOT related forums on this sight and information on the Web. My husband has done lots of research, including talking with several doctors across the US. Bless his heart. HBOT is his idea, and I am willing to try just about anything to stop the progression of my CRPS. I am in so much pain ... well, you all know about the pain. HBOT is an expensive endeavor. The treatments, the lodging, and transportation for 6-8 weeks. Not to mention I need to have someone with me as I can't manage on my own very well. So logistically it is very complicated.

I plan to keep a diary. I am thinking I might post updates here too. I am also wondering if there are others that are currently being treated or who have recently completed treatments via HBOT. I would like to know your thoughts/results, etc. So, if you wouldn't mind sharing, please? Thanks.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allyb (09-07-2013), AZ-Di (08-26-2013), Brambledog (08-25-2013)