View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouka
I have just started with PD. Your post just confirmed my worst fears. I can look forward to a very long litany of issues, euphemism for ****. I don't even think that there's real life after PD. It sure sounds like a long, slow downhill spiral.

mouka..Don't let other peoples experiences get you down..I have had pd for 11 years..I was a commercial fisherman, and now I am a part time commercial fisherman now..I get out 2 - 3 days a week..I am shellfishing and that is hard work

It has been my experience that my attitude towards how I manage my illness physically, emotionally, spiritually, and medically has alot to do with how my symptoms manifest themselves..Depression, stress, anger, and any negative thoughts, are the enemy

Dont get me wrong..I have days when I would love to get off the merry-go-round..But the key is not to wallow in it..Embrace it, and let it go

Exercise plays a big role in pd symptoms

I went to the WPC in 2006, and I met a man who was dx with pd in his 20's..He is a marathon runner..His name is John Ball..He has a book out..In it, he shares his experience with pd..At the time he was running the Boston Marathon every year, and finishing

http://www.team-parkinson.org/news.php?ID=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3RvbKEThg

Please take the time to watch this video

So I believe that there is plenty of wiggle room with pd..If I hit the couch and give up, it will be all over

When I got dx, I thought my life was over..Looking back, I wasted alot of time worrying about the future, but I guess that is part of the process

Last edited by stevem53; 08-25-2013 at 04:31 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (08-26-2013), crimsoncrew (08-26-2013), jinglelady4 (09-06-2013), olsen (08-26-2013), pegleg (08-26-2013), reverett123 (08-26-2013), RLSmi (08-25-2013), Thelma (08-27-2013)