View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bizzy Mum,

I had an episode somewhat like you described. I rushed to the ER, described my symptoms; weakness, legs and arms felt like blocks, Diaphragm feels heavy and had weird movements especially my extremities and had difficulty holding up my head. I also had very irregular movements, not shaking, more like jerky trembly movements of voluntary muscles. I followed up with my neurologist but the ER doc made no mention of the jerky movements, said I was being seen for "leg pain". Grrr.
It lasted about a day and the only precipitating factor I could think of was the night before I had gotten my hair dyed. I am extremely sensitive to Black rubber and thought perhaps it could be a reaction to the hair dye. ??? Another thing I noticed was that I started very easily. I have been worked up for MG and Congenital MG (only had dok7 testing which was negative) my hmo wont' do any further testing.
I believe I have a type of CMG and have gone as far as emailing Dr. Maselli at UC Davis. He suggested I go to San Diego, but I have an hmo that won't allow me out of network, so I would have to pay out of pocket which at the moment I can't afford.
Your symptoms seem so much like mine. I would love to compare notes regarding what exacerbates your symptoms, triggers, what you've tried, etc.
KayoKelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote