View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vitman D very low?

I was told by my doctor that my Vitamin D level was very low. In fact, the word used was "ridiculously" low. I did not know much about Vitamin D. I was prescribed the 50,000 IU pills of "D2" for once a week. I took 3 of them so far, one every Monday.

However, I was told to change now to Vitamin D3, as it appears that is the type that would help me most.

My Vitamin D level was once at "9" and now boosted to "15". My question is, Is 15 a low count? If so, could it be effecting my pn pain?

I can't get vitamin D3 from my med insurance, so I bought the GNC brand of Vitamin D3. It was actually pretty cheap -- about 10 bucks.

It is only 1000 IU, but I feel taking this slowly (at least once a day) might build me up in a less painful manner, as I have noted that on the last day I took the 3rd Vitamin D2 (50,000 IU) I got very bad deep-bone types of pn pain, that has lasted since the beginning of this week. I got better, but I'm still in pain!

I'm hoping, I can elevate my level using vitamin "D3" using a 1000 IU dose per day, and do so without bombardment to my already sensitive body with such high doses at one time.

The idea here, is that I feel such high doses might be helping me, but the change is too dramatic for me and may be causing worsening pain in the process, though it is probably a temporary flare-up.

I'm still confused. I don't know if "15" is really all that low and I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Would taking a daily Vit D3 be a better choice than taking a weekly mega-dose of Vit D2?

Please help, if you have any advice.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote