View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wanting to get off Lyrica for good

I have been dealing with severe sciatica pain since January of this year. I have tried 3 different physical therapists, 3 pain injections, even going to a chiropractor to avoid having surgery for 2 bulging discs, and a pinched nerve. I was given a variety of different pain meds to try without any success along the way, my family doctor had me try Lyrica. It first started off with just taking 75 mgs a day without any success of helping relieve my pain he changed it to 150mgs a day. It did help me with dealing with the pain better and was on it for about a month when I finally decided I needed to get the surgery that was inevitable. 2 weeks ago I had the surgery and have been recovering quite well. I still was taking the Lyrica along with Vicodine for my pain. I decided I would take myself off the Lyrica since I didnt think I really needed it after having surgery. I woke up at 3:00 in the morning feeling like I had flu symptoms. I had severe chills, no energy, diareaha, and headache. I thought for sure I had possibly the flu. My leg pain came back fairly strong later in the day and thought I should go ahead and continue taking the Lyrica because maybe it was still needed. I realized after taking it again I slept all night, all my other symptoms went away as well. Came to this website and seen that so many other people suffered from this when trying to get off this medication??? Well I thought I would see for myself if it was really that after all and went another day without and YES I had the same sypmtoms again!! Insomnia,Diareaha, chills....I want off this medication!!! I feel like I was only on it for a month and a half, can I really go through all this? Its not like I was on it for years or anything. I am scared that I am going to suffer what some have and have depression, anxiety and all the other things? I dont know what to do. I have 2 more weeks off work to recover from my surgery and thought this would be a good time to do this now so maybe I can be rid of all the horrible side effects. What should I do or take to help me sleep since that is my most major issue on the now day two of my weening process. Help someone!! Please??
dk041970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote